V.I.P. stands for visually impaired people who are VERY IMPORTANT PEOPLE. We want to provide low vision community education, assistive technology, support and mentoring.
The MagniLink Zip 17 is a new, transportable video magnifier with HD or Full HD reading and distance cameras. It comes with a 17.3" monitor and a stable X/Y table for comfortable reading and precise control.
Thank you to all the volunteers and participants at Low Vision Awareness Day in Selma, Alabama.
Visually Impaired People Are Very Important People
V.I.P. Presents a Low Vision Day in Selma
Place to be: Carl Morgan Convention Center 211 Washington Street, Selma, Alabama - Tuesday, April 7, 2015
8:30 a.m. Set up time for vendors
9:00 a.m. Eye screenings for low vision and eye diseases
10:00 a.m. programs begins with speakers
My name is Christine Chaikin, I am visually impaired and I am the president and owner of Insightful Publications. I am creating state resource handbooks specifically designed for use by the blind and visually impaired in the United States.
Visually Impaired People CEO William Bowman presented his anti-bullying program to students at Knox Elementary School in Selma, Alabama.
The name of the program is called "Don't You Ever Get Tired of Hurting Me." If you would like to have Bowman present this program at your school, please call (334) 349-0905.
What We Offer
1) Low vision community educational programs, conferences and assistive technology demonstrations and expos
2) Support groups, mentoring and advocacy
3) Site and Structural modifications for churches, businesses, etc. for public access
4) Consultations for the visually impaired and low vision evaluations on assistive technology for the visually impaired
5) We provide information and referrals for magnification devices
6) Customer service training and workshops to better acommodate the visually impaired customer