V.I.P. stands for visually impaired people who are VERY IMPORTANT PEOPLE. We want to provide low vision community education, assistive technology, support and mentoring.
V.I.P. C.E.O. William H. Bowman speaks to 5th graders at Cedar Park Elementary in Selma, Alabama on bullying and how it hurts someone's feelings.
V.I.P. C.E.O. William H. Bowman talked with students at Edgewood Elementary in Selma, Alabama about protecting their eyes during the summer from the sun and other elements flying around in the air such as dust and tree limbs.
V.I.P. C.E.O. William H. Bowman presented his "Don't You Ever Get Tired of Hurting Me" program, an anti bullying program for schools, to students and faculty at Dannelly Elementary in Montgomery, Alabama.
If you go to just before 3 minutes into the video, you'll see V.I.P. CEO William Bowman get his chance to talk to Oprah Winfrey.
V.I.P. awards customer service award to Matt AND Mark at Moore Stewart Honda in Selma for outstanding customer service for people with special requests. They go beyond the call of duty to help some one. They do it with a smile. They do it with the attitude of wanting to re sell you a Honda. Thanks for all you do.
V.I.P awards Lakia Starks of the Alabama News Network awarded for community service in Montgomery.
Miss Starks did a program where she read entertainment news on Friday nights. Visually Impaired people could tune into see her reports on local and national entertainment news. She is a producer on the rise.
She is now moving to NC. Congrats to her for her success and we know you will do well.
V.I.P. C.E.O. William H. Bowman with News Web Producer John Shyrock of WSFA TV 12 in Montgomery. Shyrock accepts award from V.I.P. on behalf of the WSFA TV 12 News staff.
What We Offer
1) Low vision community educational programs, conferences and assistive technology demonstrations and expos
2) Support groups, mentoring and advocacy
3) Site and Structural modifications for churches, businesses, etc. for public access
4) Consultations for the visually impaired and low vision evaluations on assistive technology for the visually impaired
5) We provide information and referrals for magnification devices
6) Customer service training and workshops to better acommodate the visually impaired customer