V.I.P. stands for visually impaired people who are VERY IMPORTANT PEOPLE. We want to provide low vision community education, assistive technology, support and mentoring.
This product was designed by a visually impaired man by the name of Ken Allen. He is an engineer and used his skills to help others who are visually impaired. The Stressless drink holder can hold your drink and so much more.
V.I.P. was awarded a $1,000.00 grant from the Selma Wal-Mart Super Center.
Funds will be used toward the V.I.P. Low Vision Center located at the Dallas County Health Department.
The center offers low vision evaluations on assistive technology to assist people with visual impairments to lead a productive life. Training on how to use magnifiers and screen readers for computers.
William H. Bowman with Angela Benjamin promoting eye safety for the summer down on the farm.
Bowman with goggles on and Benjamin with sun glasses. Both protect the eyes from the sun and flying objects.
Dr. Kristina Lovinggood O.D. of the Primary Eyecare Center of Selma, Alabama donates funds to V.I.P. C.E.O. William H. Bowman for the purpose of being used for V.I.P. C.E.O. William H. Bowman to pay some one to drive him to V.I.P. sponsored events.
V.I.P. support group meeting a huge success on June 10,2016. Thanks to all who spoke. We appreciate our volunteers who helped us as well. The one's who are loyal are always there for us.
V.I.P. C.E.O. William H. Bowman honors Selma City Schools School of Discovery's principals for community service and for helping students with special needs. They also help members of the community who have a special need. Mrs. Curtis and Mrs. Smith both recently helped Bowman with a project this week. They are always helping other members of the community and adopted V.I.P.
What We Offer
1) Low vision community educational programs, conferences and assistive technology demonstrations and expos
2) Support groups, mentoring and advocacy
3) Site and Structural modifications for churches, businesses, etc. for public access
4) Consultations for the visually impaired and low vision evaluations on assistive technology for the visually impaired
5) We provide information and referrals for magnification devices
6) Customer service training and workshops to better acommodate the visually impaired customer