V.I.P. stands for visually impaired people who are VERY IMPORTANT PEOPLE. We want to provide low vision community education, assistive technology, support and mentoring.
"Keep Your Eyes Open" Prevention, treatment and rehabilitation
September 18, 2014
Frazier Methodist Church
6000 Atlanta Highway
Montgomery AL 36117
Community Services for Vision Rehabilitation
Montgomery Lions Club
Baptist Medical Center South
Talks begin at 12:00 noon
"Macular Degeneration and Diabetic eye Disease today" Scott Parma, M.D.
William marches in Autism Month Walk in Selma with Mrs. Martin of Southside High School. The event was to kickoff Autism Month and was sponsored by the Selma Disability Advocacy Program in May 2014.
Mike Self of Freedom Scientific speaks at 2014 Low Vision Awareness Day in Selma at the Dallas County Health Department. The event was sponsored by VIP Organization Inc and West Alabama Public Transportation.
The event was held in April 2014 to educate people with low vision about assistive technology to help them to become more independent.
What We Offer
1) Low vision community educational programs, conferences and assistive technology demonstrations and expos
2) Support groups, mentoring and advocacy
3) Site and Structural modifications for churches, businesses, etc. for public access
4) Consultations for the visually impaired and low vision evaluations on assistive technology for the visually impaired
5) We provide information and referrals for magnification devices
6) Customer service training and workshops to better acommodate the visually impaired customer