V.I.P. stands for visually impaired people who are VERY IMPORTANT PEOPLE. We want to provide low vision community education, assistive technology, support and mentoring.
Freedom Scientific today announced the release of a 90-day license of JAWS® for Windows Professional, the worlds most popular Windows screen reader. The 90-day license represents a great opportunity for companies who wish to test the accessibility of their Web pages or their applications under development.
Visually Impaired People Organization, Inc. hosted its low vision support group at the health department in Selma. The purpose of the group is to offer mentoring and support those in the community that are visually impaired.
"We want to empower folks and make them feel wanted and needed in the community," said William Bowman, VIP CEO.
V.I.P. is pleased to announce that we had a grand opening for our brand new low vision resource center at the Selma-Dallas County Health Department.
Low vision evaluations and low vision support groups for children and adults will occur in the center. All evaluations are free to the visually impaired to learn about independent living and support.
CentraSight recently made this announced about a new treatment for age-related macular degeneration:
V.I.P. recently participated in the "Get Fit" Selma Health Fair. V.I.P. CEO William H. Bowman, along with volunteers Tiara and Jasmine, promoted healthy vision and eye screenings.
What We Offer
1) Low vision community educational programs, conferences and assistive technology demonstrations and expos
2) Support groups, mentoring and advocacy
3) Site and Structural modifications for churches, businesses, etc. for public access
4) Consultations for the visually impaired and low vision evaluations on assistive technology for the visually impaired
5) We provide information and referrals for magnification devices
6) Customer service training and workshops to better acommodate the visually impaired customer