V.I.P. stands for visually impaired people who are VERY IMPORTANT PEOPLE. We want to provide low vision community education, assistive technology, support and mentoring.
Visually Impaired People Organization Inc. would like to give you a check list of things to do for visually impaired children as they prepare to go back to school.
1. You should take the kids to the doctor for an annual eye exam along with regular physical checkups at this time of year each year.
Program Highlights Grand Hyatt
September 9-12, 2015
Acquired Monocular Blindness: Low Vision or Not?
Lauren Hoffman, OD; Maggie Edmunds, MSW, CLVT.
From the CentraSight Team:
We are pleased to let you know about an exciting new advancement in the treatment of age-related macular degeneration (AMD). It is called a telescope implant, and it is FDA approved. It is now available at leading eye centers across the nation to treat End-Stage AMD, the most advanced form of AMD, where patients have central vision loss in both eyes.
V.I.P. would like to thank Tyra Jackson of the Selma Times Journal for all her help in promoting the Visually Impaired People programs this year. in Selma in the news paper. You are a good friend and we salute you.
V.I.P. held its summer support group meeting in June at the Dallas County Health Department. Three nice ladies from the Selma office of the Social Security Administration talked to the group about how visually impaired people had rights to be on disability and still had the opportunity to work through a ticket to work.
The MagniLink Zip 17 is a new, transportable video magnifier with HD or Full HD reading and distance cameras. It comes with a 17.3" monitor and a stable X/Y table for comfortable reading and precise control.
What We Offer
1) Low vision community educational programs, conferences and assistive technology demonstrations and expos
2) Support groups, mentoring and advocacy
3) Site and Structural modifications for churches, businesses, etc. for public access
4) Consultations for the visually impaired and low vision evaluations on assistive technology for the visually impaired
5) We provide information and referrals for magnification devices
6) Customer service training and workshops to better acommodate the visually impaired customer