V.I.P. stands for visually impaired people who are VERY IMPORTANT PEOPLE. We want to provide low vision community education, assistive technology, support and mentoring.
The Blaze EZ by HIMS is a multi-player with optical character recognition (OCR) capability. The device can be used for music, radio, documents and books with easy-to-use braille-labeled buttons and a battery life of up to 12 hours.
5th Extreme Experience Retreat is scheduled for September 28-October 1, 2014 at Blue Lake Camp Andalusia, Alabama.
This is an exclusive vacation designed for the blind and visually impaired adult.
Mark your calendars for August 5th! It's an event you don't want to miss!
Finally, a Full Page reader that makes reading enjoyable again! Easy-to-use, Smart Reader boasts a lightweight portable sleek design with a user friendly console.
Position your document and press a button, in seconds Smart Reader begins reading aloud. Connect Smart Reader to a TV or monitor and enlarge your captured image to follow along as it reads.
Join us for a free seminar in your community to discover more about solutions to help those with low vision regain independence. We'll focus on available assistive technologies through education and hands-on demonstration.
Participants will have the opportunity to ask questions and use the products themselves.
Who Should Attend?
-Those with vision impairments
What We Offer
1) Low vision community educational programs, conferences and assistive technology demonstrations and expos
2) Support groups, mentoring and advocacy
3) Site and Structural modifications for churches, businesses, etc. for public access
4) Consultations for the visually impaired and low vision evaluations on assistive technology for the visually impaired
5) We provide information and referrals for magnification devices
6) Customer service training and workshops to better acommodate the visually impaired customer