V.I.P. stands for visually impaired people who are VERY IMPORTANT PEOPLE. We want to provide low vision community education, assistive technology, support and mentoring.
Mike Self of Freedom Scientific speaks at 2014 Low Vision Awareness Day in Selma at the Dallas County Health Department. The event was sponsored by VIP Organization Inc and West Alabama Public Transportation.
The event was held in April 2014 to educate people with low vision about assistive technology to help them to become more independent.
William Bowman recently had the opportunity to meet with Dr. Tommy Bice State Board of Education Superintendent in his office in Montgomery about his bullying program "Don’t' You Ever Get Tired of Hurting Me."
Dr. Bice says, "You have a unique program and its needed in our schools. The children need to see this program at our schools all over the state."
CentraSight is pleased to let you know about an exciting new advancement in the treatment of age-related macular degeneration (AMD).
It is called a telescope implant, and it is FDA approved. It is now available in your area to treat End-Stage AMD, the most advanced form of AMD, where patients have central vision loss in both eyes.
What We Offer
1) Low vision community educational programs, conferences and assistive technology demonstrations and expos
2) Support groups, mentoring and advocacy
3) Site and Structural modifications for churches, businesses, etc. for public access
4) Consultations for the visually impaired and low vision evaluations on assistive technology for the visually impaired
5) We provide information and referrals for magnification devices
6) Customer service training and workshops to better acommodate the visually impaired customer